The nights have started to draw in and autumn is just around the corner. This can mean only one thing; it is time to start thinking about what to serve your Halloween trick or treaters.
We’ve come up with five terrifying treats which are sure to delight your visitors whether they are paleo-eaters or not.
- Roasted sweet potato scary faces: slice your sweet potato width-ways and cut out a scary pumpkin face with a sharp knife. Roast quickly in a hot oven until they start to crisp and you have yourself some low-fat, tasty scary snacks.
- Banana ghosts: halves of banana with dark chocolate drops stuck on to make eyes and screaming mouths make for spectacular ghoulish ghosts kids and adults will love.
- Grotesque gummy worms: freak your guests out with these life-like homemade jelly worms. Use grass-fed gelatine, fruit juice and corn syrup to make up a jelly, which can then be cut into wiggly worm shapes.
- Chocolate covered apple slices: Using melted dark chocolate, allow these tasty apple snacks to set completely before tucking into them.
- Scary stuffed peppers: cut a scary face out of a hollowed-out orange-coloured pepper and stuff it with grass-fed beef mince or a tasty vegetable stew. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes to make monstrous main course.
You already know that paleo is good for you, and these trick or treat delights prove that it can be fun too. If you want to know more about how you can incorporate paleo into your everyday life, why not download our Paleo Nutritionist Diploma Course?